i realize we can’t control everything in life. but idk what’s worse the things we do have control over and go wrong anyway or the things you wish you had control over and can’t do anything about….i was played a fool by the one person i trusted the most. typical story. is it better to be cynical with just everyone? at least that way you never get surprised when someone betrays you…
- Los Angeles’ full name is “El Pueblo de Nuestra Senora la Reina de los Angeles de Porciuncula,” which translated from Spanish, means “The Village of Our Lady, the Queen of the Angels of the river of Porziuncola.”
- LA has numerous unusual laws that are still in use, including: animals being banned from mating publicly within 1,500 feet of a tavern, school or place of worship, it is illegal to cry on the witness stand, toads may not be licked and zoot suits are prohibited.
- It has the largest number of women-owned businesses in the nation.
- Helmut Newton was in LA with his wife of 55 years, June, when he lost control of his car when leaving the Chateau Marmont hotel. The Newtons had spent winters in LA for the last quarter-century, living at the hotel.
- There are sixty-five people in LA who have the legal name Jesus Christ.
Los Angeles trivia? We’re in.
Puppies Participate in School Parenting Project
Barney and Barbos, ninth grade students and George Washington Carver Senior High in Memphis, TN, recently completed a parenting project for their health class. Students were paired up and instructed to care for a stuffed puppy as if it was their child.
“I think they learned a lot about the responsibility of parenting,” said teacher Miranda Wojiechowski. “Honestly, we probably should be doing this program for dogs a few grades earlier. Barney and Barbos are 3, which is 21 in dog years. They should have been taught the birds and the bees by now.”
Both puppies received an A on the project.
A match made in heaven, a wedding night made in hell.
Page 1 of 10